Saturday, May 2, 2009

Walter Trout Concert

Amazing, simply amazing. Walter has to be in the top 5 best guitarists of all time line up. My sister and I went to the Scottish Rite Auditorium, where there are no bad seats, to see WT on a Saturday night in April. Not only is W phenom, his 4 piece band consisting of keyboards, drums, bass and WT himself are mind blowing. When the concert was over I asked my sister if she liked it, and she yells, "Does a bear shit in the woods" ???? nuff said. Yeah, she's a WT whore now too. The concert was very moving. WT grew up in Collingswood with a violent alcoholic father (his words from the stage that night) and I believe he said he hasn't been back to this area for 30 plus years. He will playing at the Riverfront Blues Festival in Delaware, Friday night August 7. I'll be there, how bout you? Wanna carpool??? Walter will remember me, I was the one screaming "We're not worthy" and blowing kisses to him. We waited after the concert to meet him until I had the typical ex-bf with date siting and hauled ass before I made a scene. Livin the Blues, baby. xoSusan
PS Cowboy Junkies concert? Tickets given to friends while I stayed home and nursed a teenager with strep throat.........they reported that it was great.......next time. sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Haha cool man. I'm going to see Trout play in both Edinburgh & Glasgow next week. He really is a great player! As for Cowboy Junkies they are brilliant also- Ive got mostly all their albums.

    ReplyDelete