Saturday, May 2, 2009

Concert News

I have several amazing concerts to look forward to this summer. Buddy Guy is the first one. He'll be playing at the House Of Blues in Atlantic City, Saturday night June 20. Hearing him live during the Experience Hendrix Tour was amazing, but I want to hear Buddy Do Buddy, if you get my meaning. I want to do Buddy too, but that is a story for another day, teehee. I cannot wait.
Next up is Etta James, playing at Longwood Gardens in Kennet Square, Pa. I saw Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi with thier Soul Stew Revival band there last summer. Longwood Gardens is a beautiful outside venue. The crowd was great, the seats were great, the surroundings gorgeous, wine, beer and sandwiches sold, plentiful bathrooms, hey, whats not to like??? My tickets for Etta are Third Row Center!! Very Expensive!! I can't wait. I'm sure I'll be blowing kisses and doing the "We're Not Worthy" at this concert too. My other sister is the recipient of the other ticket as her Birthday Gift. Yeah, she owes me big time.
Also appearing at Longwood Gardens is Shemekia Copeland on August 22. I am a little worried that Shemekia is going to change her sound, read this, and you'll see why I am scared. See that last paragraph, uh oh......got 2 tix to see Shemekia, any takers on that second ticket???
The Derek Trucks Band will be at the Keswick Theater in Pa on Friday May 29. I would love to go, trying to make arrangements as we speak. Who wants to go?? send me an email. xoSusan

No comments:

Post a Comment